Friday, June 7, 2013

Another Year Older (and maybe wiser?)

Well, yesterday was my birthday!  It was a great day.  The past couple of 30 something birthdays I was not fond of as far as just getting older and feeling like no one cares about you anymore (old news ya know!)  But I really enjoyed myself yesterday.  I attribute this to my more positive outlook on life and myself.

Some highlights of my birthday were:
--  A few people actually remembered it was my birthday without being prompted (new mommies can be exempt b/c I remember not having any clue what day it was...)
--  My son Tyce has thought it was my birthday for the last 3 days so I keep getting great hugs from him
--  Will and my niece Haileigh made me some awesome birthday cards at Aunt Sarah's
--  I had a fun outdoors lunch with a few close friends at work - got a little sunburned but such is life as a pasty white skin girl
--  My most favorite time with the hubby when he surpried me with tickets to the New Theatre Restaurant for dinner and a play starring Cindy Williams from "Laverne and Shirley" (my mom who was watching the kids for us may have tipped me off to the surprise just slightlty but I still didn't know what we were doing, only that we would be going out and be kidless).

It was a great day!  Thanks to everyone who made it special and here is to more years becoming older and hopefully wiser :)





~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...