Saturday, April 27, 2013

Date Night Movie Review ~ Oblivion

photo source
Well, let's just cut to the chase on this one.....I was not a huge fan.  I think if you are a huge sci-fi fan or absolutely love Tom Cruise you would probably like it.  My husband liked it but he definitely has a man crush on Mr. Cruise (sorry honey but I have to speak the truth).

It just didn't seem to have much of a plot to me.  Tom Cruise is a huge actor and I think if anyone else had been in the movie it would have totally flopped.  Tom carried the movie but couldn't keep my interest even still.  It was marketed as a sci-fi thriller and I am still waiting for the thrilling part.  It was completely predictable and only slightly suspenseful.  There were 2 (count 'em 2) witty lines that made the movie ok for me.  The trailer completely gives away any suspense you might have experienced.

On a positive note:  it was very interesting visually and it was pretty awesome how they incorporate all of the "ruins" of New York after the world was theoretically abandoned.  Pretty creative on that front.

Anyway, my hubby is probably throwing things at his computer reading this but in my opinion this is a rental movie, don't waste your money in the theatre.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...