Sunday, April 21, 2013

Homemade Toasted Pecan Butter

So, I have been completely obsessed lately with making homemade nut butters.  All natural nut butters can be so expensive in the stores and I just recently learned how easy it is to make your own.  It is cheaper, you are confident in the ingredients, and I think it tastes so much better!!!

So a few weeks ago I experimented with almond butter.  I ate it plain, put it on everything, and baked with it.  Then I saw the pecans in the fridge.  I thought, pecans have such a unique flavor that is by far my favorite nut......I wonder if I can make some pecan butter??

The answer.....yes.....yes I can!



TOAST THE PECANS FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES AT 350 DEGREES
ADD THE TOASTED PECANS TO A FOOD PROCESSOR (I USED MY NINJA)
BLEND UNTIL CREAMY
 
STORE IN AN AIR TIGHT CONTAINER IN THE FRIDGE


The pecans actually formed into a butter much easier than any other nut I have tried.  It only took about 2 minutes to become really creamy.  It seemed a little thin at first but after putting in the fridge it got thicker.  This would also be really good if you added a little bit of honey to it.  Add salt to taste.  Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...