Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Don't you just LOVE genetics?? ~ I know I do!

I'm sure everyone out there (besides me) is thinking......what a dork, what does that title even mean?  Well, I thought this was a great way to introduce myself just incase someone ever decides to read my blog and goes back to the very first few posts to find out who the heck I am.

So here it is...

the fam 2012
 This is my family (well at least our family pic Christmas 2012).  Now maybe you are starting to see where this post is going.  I have 2 crazy little boys and yes they are full siblings.  In some families all of the kids look alike, well that is not the case in mine.  My husband has a little mini-me (our oldest - currently 3 1/2 years old) and I have a little mini-me (the little guy - currently 17 months old).
 
Tyce and Will

I just think that DNA and genetics are so fascinating that my husband and I made these 2 completely different (yet super cute) little boys.  People may never believe they are brothers, but their love for each other cannot be denied :)

I also think that the fact that I have 2 boys on opposite ends of the genetic spectrum is very fitting for me b/c my main job is working in a DNA lab where I identify people through their different DNA profiles on a daily basis.

On a side note:  one of the perks to working in a DNA lab is being able to test your family's samples as training (and yes they are both ours.....no switch-er-oos in the hospital).

So just a little intro to me b/c I am sure I will be talking a lot more about my family and possibly my job(s) as time goes on with my babbling about.

2 comments:

  1. Cute post. I chuckled out loud. I have twin brothers, but the dr said they were 3-4 weeks apart. Go figure! They do NOT look alike but my sister and I, 22 months apart, look like twins. Amazing how genetics mark us. Welcome to the blogging world. I'm new to the MM Village and look forward to finding my way around it. My husband and I are both retired and have gained way too much weight the last two years. I'm such a carb fanatic that when a good friend told me about MM, I immediately went and bought the book. Buying the cookbook tomorrow. We've already altered the eating somewhat, but will "officially" begin tomorrow. We are excited. So much so, that a girlfriend and two of our daughters have also bought the book. Not so much to lose weight, but to adopt a healthier style of eating. Our daughters have young ones and they already exercise. Now they want to cut out the bad carbs and eat the good ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for the warm welcome and fun story! If you are a carb-a-holic then MM and Miracle-ville is the place for you! The # one thing I tell people is that I was sold when my carb cravings vanished. I was someone who would have chosen to eat a bowl of ice cream for dinner. I might have to do a whole post on that soon!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...