Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Purposeful Living ~ Some time management goals

picture source

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a compulsive list maker.  I love to make lists but don't always complete the lists.  I'll do really good with a few things and then stop.  Eventually I will make a new list, but when you have unfinished "to do" items it makes you feel a little like a failure.

On a side note:  I also make lists b/c after having 2 kids I seem to have lost my mind and can't actually remember to do anything anymore...

But back to my story:  I thought having some goals written down would be like making a mock "to do" list but with less pressure.  If you don't achieve your goal every once in a while it's ok because it is not something you HAVE to do, it is something you STRIVE to do (which actually helps me want to achieve them).

So here are a few goals I am going to write here and also post at home to remind me every day (and maybe I will add and take away as time goes on).

Kelly's Goals

1.  Workout at least 30 minutes a day ~ 6 days a week

2.  When I am at home with my family really focus attention on my husband and kids instead of TV or the internet

3.  Give myself at least one hour of "me time" per day when I can do whatever I want (maybe before bed)

4.  Plan at least one hour of God time ~ singing, reading, whatever

5.  Try and work 8 hours of OT per week without sacrificing family time (early morning) to help with the finances and budget

6.  Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night

I always need help with time management and the TV seems to just suck all of my time so I am hoping these time goals will help.  As I was typing I thought "I may not have time for anything else" but actually all of the important stuff is covered - family, myself, God, finances, and health - so I guess if I don't have time for the TV then so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...