Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Creamy Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"




This is one of my favorite low carb sides.  It is not new but I love this swap for mashed potatoes.  I could honestly have them for the rest of my life and never miss the potatoes. (and I am not a huge fan of raw cauliflower by itself). 

Mashed cauliflower with a pre-made rotisserie chicken for dinner is a super simple and fast dinner for my family. (so no... I did not make that beautiful looking chicken pictured above, but my hubby did cut it up.....but the mashed cauli is all mine)

You need:
1 head cauliflower - chopped
1 T of minced garlic (I buy already chopped in olive oil)
3 oz. cream cheese
1 T parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
a couple sprigs of parsley



Cut up the cauliflower

Boil in water for about 10 minutes or until fork tender

I like to add all of the cheese and garlic to the bottom of the food processor so the hot cauliflower will melt it.

I use a slated spoon to pull out the boiled cauliflower into a bowl lined with a paper towel to absorb the water.  You want to absorb as much water as possible.

Blend together the cheeses, garlic, and cauliflower.  At the end throw in the salt, pepper, and parsley.




Kid tested and a big win!! Also Mommy approved for being yummy and MM neutral!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...