Sunday, May 5, 2013

Low Carb Tortilla Chips and Guacamole



Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

Here is a simple little snack that I love.  Eating low carb makes it really hard to eat Mexican food in the traditional sense.  But with a little creativity you can overcome anything.

For the tortilla chips I use a low carb tortilla (mine has 3g net carbs per tortilla).  I usually fix 2 tortillas and my kids will eat enough where I will be under the 5g net carb amount.



I cut up the tortillas into triangle shaped chips using a pizza cutter.









 I add a little bit of olive oil to each chip with a basting brush. 
Bake at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until crispy.
Yummy and done!

The guacamole is just simply avocado, tomatoes, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic in whatever combo you find tasty.  mash all together and serve with chips.

The chips would be a MM 5 g counter and the guacamole is MM neutral.
  You could also serve the chips with 1/2 cup salsa if you are not a fan of guac!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...