Friday, May 24, 2013

Date Night Movie Review ~ The Great Gatsby


Well after a week off due to work, date night is back (and sorely missed).  I was not even feeling very good and we still went out for some us time.

This week was my week to choose and I picked The Great Gatsby.  I was very excited when I first saw the previews for this movie.  Mainly b/c I have been in love with Baz Luhrmann since I saw Moulin Rouge long ago.  His style is so amazing to me.  It is almost like watching a broadway stage show on the big screen.  I also enjoy Leonardo DiCaprio and Toby Maguire.

This movie definitely did not disappoint!!  It was visually spectacular.  In true Baz Luhrman style, it incorporated a lot of modern music but made it "work" in the 20's setting of the movie.  It has been a long time since I have read "The Great Gatsby", but from what I can remember this move stuck pretty close to the book.  It was very dramatic in spots and had the entire audience laughing out loud in other spots.  It had all of the twists and turns of the original story.  The acting performances by EVERYONE were spot on!

I whole-heartedly suggest seeing this one on the big screen.  I guess it is being offered in 3D as well but I'm not sure we really missed anything by not seeing it (I'm not the biggest fan of 3D if you cannot tell).

My husband never had to read this in school and he thoroughly enjoyed it as well.  What did you think?

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...