Thursday, May 2, 2013

Learning to LOVE like a child :)

photo source


Sometimes as a parent we can get frustrated.....I can admit it.  You think that your kiddos never hear a thing you say (unless it is about candy, cookies, or going to grandma's house).  But it is so nice when you see the love coming from a child and know that hopefully you are doing something right.  You know they actually ARE listening to and imitating most of what you say and do.

I have been sick over the past couple of days (strep throat, yay!).  The first day I felt like I was going to die.  I came home from work and crawled into bed.  Chris and the boys went to get dinner and picked me up some soup. Chris said the first place they went to pick me up some egg drop soup did not have any and Tyce almost started crying (Panda Express - go figure- he was trying to stick to a drive-through so he didn't have to get both boys out of the car but no such luck). 

When they finally found some they brought it into my bedroom but I wasn't feeling like eating it just yet.  Tyce kept coming in to check on me asking me if I was ok.  He seemed really concerned and almost scared.  I realize this is what I ask him all of the time if he is hurt or sick.  I told him I didn't feel very good but I was ok.  He said "but we got you soup, so you can feel better".  He then said "and we also got you a cookie, let's see what it says about you" (fortune cookie).   He is so sweet and is not afraid to show love.  It melts my heart. 

My actual fortune was:  "It's better to be an optimist who is sometimes wrong than a pessimist who is always right" (which is pretty timely since I am attempting to focus on positive happy things).  Can a life lesson be learned from having strep throat?  I guess so people :)

On a side note: after we read my fortune Tyce asked if he could eat my cookie...hehe......and of course I let him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...