Friday, May 3, 2013

Date Night Movie Review ~ "Mud"

photo source

So this was my week for picking a movie.  I chose "Mud".  I was really torn on this one after seeing it.  I half thought I loved it and half thought it had no real point.  The characters were great though.  The movie really focused on developing the stories of the different people.  Every actor in this movie was phenomenal and you really felt attached to each one (even the few characters that only had one or two scenes).

The story itself was really an eye opening experience about the reality of love.  What it means to different people and how the process of love can effect every person differently.  What it means to truly love someone else or yourself for that matter.

So even though the story line may not have been the most suspenseful or action packed it did have you guessing a few times about relationships and what the reality was.  Overall I think I liked it and the performances were great.  I like to see Matthew McConaughey in other roles than just romantic comedy.  I really loved Sam Shepard's role in this one as well.

My silly opinion for the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...